iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service that was revealed on October 12, 2011. iCloud Photos automatically stores all pictures and videos the users take in iCloud, so they can access their library from any device, anytime they want. While it works seamlessly most of the time, at times, users get this ‘There was an error downloading this photo from your iCloud library’ error on their iOS device. So, if you want to fix this error, then follow these steps given below:
Log Out of iCloud
You can log out of iCloud by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Go to the iOS device, reach the Settings option and choose the name.
- You should select the Sign Out option.
Disable Low Power Mode
You can disable low power mode by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Navigate to the Settings options on your iOS device.
- After that, find the feature of ‘Low Power Mode’ and turn it off.
- Once you do that, the issue will be solved.
Modify iCloud Settings
You can modify iCloud settings by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Select the Settings on the iOS device.
- Thereafter, click on the Account option.
- Go to the iCloud account and click on it.
- You should reach the Photos option and disable ‘Optimize iPhone Storage’ and ‘Download and Keep Originals.’
Backup the Device through iTunes
You can back up the device through iTunes by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Launch the iTunes and then connect to the iOS device.
- After that, open the iOS device, then when you view a verification message, select the Trust option.
- You should select the icon of Device in the top left side of the iTunes screen.
- Later reach the section of Backups and don’t forget to choose the ‘This computer’ and ‘Back Up Now’ options.
- Now, you have to wait to finish the process.
Restore the Backup
You can restore the backup by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Navigate to the Settings option and then choose the General option.
- You should hit the Reset button.
- Go to the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option.
- If you would like to, you can upload the backup to iCloud.
- Once you reset the device, link it to the system and choose the ‘Trust This Computer’ option.
- Now, pick the device from iTunes or Finder.
- Finally, select the ‘Restore Backup’ option.
Now, you can attempt to download the photo from your iCloud library.
Daisy Martin arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup